Conditions of Entry 2019
SUBMISSION OF AN ENTRY IS AND SHALL CONSTITUTE THE ARTIST’S ACCEPTANCE OF ALL CONDITIONS.
- By completing and lodging an entry in the Bay of Fires Art Prize competition, the artist is deemed to be bound by, and shall comply with, the obligations specified in these Conditions of Entry.
- The Bay of Fires Art Prize is awarded by The Bay of Fires Arts Association Inc. Entry is open to all artists worldwide.
- The Bay of Fires Art Prize is acquisitive. The People’s Choice prize is non-acquisitive.
- The entered work must be titled and must reflect the theme of the competition.
- The Bay of Fires Art Prize is open to the following visual fine arts media:
– Mixed media (any combination of the above media)
- Entries of an audio visual nature cannot be accepted.
- The entered work must be completed since 1st Jan 2018, be the absolute property of the artist and must not have been shown previously or entered in any exhibition. Exhibition includes digital or online display. Entered works must be available for sale.
- All artworks entered by the artist must be the original work and concept of the artist. A finished two dimensional work, including the frame, must be no larger than 180cm (height) x 180cm (width) and shall weigh no more than 20kg per metre of width. A finished three dimensional work must be no larger than 180cm (height) x 180cm (width) x 100cm (depth) and must be readily movable by two people.
- An artist may enter several works, but each entry must be accompanied by a separate entry form and fee with all relevant support material.
- Entry in the Prize is through pre-selection from digital image/s of each artwork entered.
- Artists are required to submit:
– ONE high resolution digital image of each artwork in JPEG format (maximum size 5MB). The image must be labelled using the file naming protocol: lastname_firstname_title
– A completed online entry form (submission of entry deems agreement to these Terms and Conditions)
– An electronic Artist’s CV that gives the background and areas of focus of the artist (either PDF, DOC or DOCX file, no more than ONE (1) x A4 page)
– An Artist’s Statement related to the entered art work of no more than 100 words.
– A non-refundable administration fee of AUD$45.00 per entry.
- The digital image, artist profile and artist statement may be used in the production of the catalogue of finalists’ work. All digital media received will become the property of and shall be retained by Bay of Fires Arts Association Inc.
- The authority to accept, reject, and/or to disqualify an entry shall rest solely with the Bay of Fires Art Prize Committee. The Committee’s decision shall be final and no correspondence on the matter will be entered into.
- A third party may not enter any works on behalf of an artist.
- Entries shall be submitted online, and must be received by 5pm, Tuesday 30th April 2019.
- Late or incomplete entries will not be accepted.
- All entries are to be submitted and delivered free of all charges. All entries will be acknowledged and fee payments receipted.
- An entry shall impose an obligation upon the artist to submit the entered work for exhibition if selected.
- Selected works will be exhibited at Tidal Waters Resort for up to four (4) weeks.
- The cost of freight and insurance for works selected for exhibition will be the responsibility of the artist. The Bay of Fires Arts Association Inc. will not be responsible for any loss or damage whatsoever, however caused, to any work whilst in the Association’s custody. Each artist is and shall be responsible for maintaining any insurance cover.
- Artists whose works are selected for exhibition must allow their work to be reproduced for promotional, review and educational purposes and/or the future promotion of The Bay of Fires Art Prize or the Bay of Fires Arts Association Inc and entry is and shall be deemed authorization by the artist to the Association.
- All selected 2D works of art should be suitably framed so as to be ready to hang using a standard gallery hanging system with wires and hooks. A stretched canvas is considered framed. Secure flat D-rings should be placed at the back of the work 10cm down from the top of the frame. Any other hooks or wire should be removed. Wet paintings will not be accepted. Non compliance with these, and/or any other conditions of entry, may lead to disqualification of the work.
- All works selected for exhibition and exhibited shall be for sale. The sale price indicated in the entry form shall apply and shall remain fixed for the duration of the exhibition.
- Works selected for exhibition will be as chosen by a panel of judges appointed by The Bay of Fires Arts Association Inc. Judges will be suitably qualified to judge works of art and will not be members of The Bay of Fires Arts Association Inc. Works to be exhibited will be selected from the digital images and the supporting material submitted with the entry.
- The panel of judges will choose the prize-winning work from those works selected for exhibition and placed on display. The judges’ decision will be final and correspondence will not be entered into.
- The judges will be selected prior to the call for entries and announced during the period for entry. However, the Association reserves the right to change the judging panel at any time prior to the final judging.
- The list of selected artists will be published on the website: www.bayoffireswinterartsfestival.com.au by Monday 13th May 2019. Artists will also be notified directly by email.
- Final judging will take place on the 6th of June 2019.
- The winners will be announced at the competition exhibition opening on the evening of the 7th June 2019.
- Works selected for exhibition for The Bay of Fires Art Prize must be forwarded by the artist to be received by 5:00pm, Friday 31st May 2019.
- Works must be forwarded to:
Tidal Waters Resort,
1 Quail Street, St Helens, Tasmania
for delivery between the hours of 10.00am and 5.00pm.
- Arrangement for delivery can be emailed to: email@example.com or by telephoning Kelly Renny on 0402 217 412.
- The Bay of Fires Arts Association Inc. will not accept, and may disqualify, any work forwarded for exhibition which is deemed to be not the submitted entry, has been altered since the entry photograph was taken, or which is deemed by the Committee to not to comply with the rules in any way.
- A completed delivery note must accompany each art work detailing the artist’s name, title of the work and freight details.
- Should the artist’s contact details have changed since the original entry form was lodged, new contact details should be included on the delivery note.
- If consigning artwork via post or carrier, prepaid return freight vouchers must be included with the artwork at the time of receipt.
- If the artwork is sold, the prepaid voucher will be returned to the artist.
- No payment whatsoever will be made by the Bay of Fires Arts Association Inc. for freight or other charges incurred in the delivery or return of entries.
- The Bay of Fires Art Association Inc. shall be entitled to and will retain 30% commission on all works sold.
- The net sale proceeds will be paid by cheque to the artist within thirty-five (35) days of sale, provided settlement has been made in accordance with the conditions of sale.
- Payment will be made by cheque in Australian dollars.
- The Bay of Fires Arts Association Inc. will exercise all reasonable care in handling works submitted but will not be responsible for loss or damage to any work whilst in the custody of The Bay of Fires Arts Association Inc. or the Association’s agents.
- Artists are recommended to insure their work against loss or damage.
- Artists are responsible for their own transit insurance.
- After the close of the exhibition, all works not sold can be collected from Tidal Waters Resort on Monday 1st July 2019 between 9.00am and 5.00pm, unless by prior arrangement.
- Works will be returned in the original packing and it is the responsibility of the artist to ensure the packing material is sufficient for the return transportation of the work.
- Where arrangements have not been made for collection or return freight by the due date, the Association reserves the right to sell or otherwise dispose of the work on the expiration of thirty (30) days from the last exhibition day.
TIPS FOR ENTERING
- Allow yourself plenty of time: Traditionally, most entries (up to 85 per cent) come in the last two days. If you are concerned about the vagaries of the Internet and other technological problems, entering at least a few days early allows time for problems to be solved – and it assists us here too.
Any problems, please contact Kelly Renny on 0402 217 412 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Read the Conditions of Entry and ensure your intended entry complies (your entry submission indicates agreement to the Conditions of Entry)
- Ensure you have the following on hand to complete your online entry:
- a high resolution image of your completed artwork (JPEG file, maximum 5MB) File to follow the naming convention: lastname_firstname_title
- electronic copy of your Artist CV (either PDF, DOC or DOCX file, maximum one (1) x A4 page)
- your Artist Statement related to the entry (maximum 100 words)
- Credit Card details for secure online payment
- Comprehensive CV’s will not be included in the judging material. The profile and Artist’s Statement are intended for publication in the catalogue so please make them descriptive.
- Take care with the photo. The image will be what the judges will be making their initial assessments on and a poor quality image may well disadvantage you.